• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing line

icecold

Another one of those personal preferrence deals.

I like 6 or 8 pound test Micro Ice. My biggest walleye through the ice was actually caught on 4 pound test Micro Ice.

I also use Fireline in 8 pound test for walleyes sometimes as well. This is a good choice for lakes where you tend to hook into some big pike too. Like Winni, LOW, etc...

P-Line and Power Pro are good choices as well.

You can always add a flourocarbon leader if needed as well.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

I like fireline for a backer, and p-line for the last six feet or so.

You can tie them together with a blood knot.

I prefer to use a very small inline bearing swivel. They are spendy, but keep jig spin to a minimum.

I know this is going to bring pox on me, but I can't see shelling out the long green for fishing line.

If I feel like I want to put on the ritz, I'll buy some Berkleys, or Stren. Most of the time (Which is'nt often cause I get so much) I will buy that 2000 yards for a quarter stuff...Shakespear, Eagle Claw, South Bend, you know the kind.

I'm sure this would'nt work for everyone, but it works for me, summer and winter! I catch just as many and just as big as the next guy and I like to think more often then not, more and bigger fish!

For the price of a spool of the top shelf line, I could buy about 2 million yards of the inexpensive stuff and change every couple of days if I wanted and never run out in my life time!