• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are old books worth?

hoggs222

My Dad received a lot of old books from his uncle through an inheritance. Most books are from the 20's and 30's. Lots of Charles Dickens, etc. All of them are in mint to almost mint condition. My Dad is never going to read them, so we were thinking of putting them on that 3bay site or some other auction site.

Where would a guy go online, etc. to see what these would be worth?

I'd start looking at the various sites and see if there are any comparable books to what you have and what they've sold for. You should get a good idea of the values that way.

I think I would speak with a few used book stores to see what they think. They already have the connections established to accurately price the books. I would definately speak to more that one and once they quote you some prices, double check them on 3bay's past auctions to see if they are accurate. Just a thought.