• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Maps for gps?????

Agronomist_at_IA

Well, don't know if this will help, but I have a Lawrence H20, and it has a small latch that opens up and I slide in my lake map chip. I just bought the Lakemaster because it contained most of the lakes that I fish in MN. Good Luck

I have a hand held trimble gps etrex vist hc...... Trying to figure out how to get lake maps on the thing, and trying to figure out what kind of lake maps i need.

I don't think the Etrek holds a chip like the H2O, you probably have to download your maps. I recommend that you try and sell that on C-list, and get an H2O...it is the BEST GPS in my mind. You can find a used H2O for under $100, easy if you are looking...and with the money you get from yours that you sell, that will purchase you a couple of years old chip, which will work just fine. Just my opinion, but I think it is well worth the upgrade!

The Garmin eTrex Vista, Legend, and Summit can be loaded with maps. Take a look at the Garmin Lakemaster Minnesota set. If you don't have the HCx style gps (the x in the name means that has a memory card slot for maps) you will have to order the CD. I have the CD that I loaded on my Legend C. The unit has enough memory for about 1/4 of the maps that come on the CD.

it also depends where you fish. me for instance, fish in canada a lot. garmin doesn't support navionics or lake masters, I have a etrex vista legend hc. great unit, its just limited in my opinion when it comes to software. I have talked to garmin reps about this, that's why I wish I would of bought a lowrance that accepts both navionics and lakemasters chips.

I was looking at the Garmin site and it looks like they have a new map called: U.S. Inland Lakes 2008. Their site has a list of all lakes that are included in the map. It comes on a DVD or as a pre-programmed chip. They have a map utility on their site that you can use to determine exactly how much detail is provided.