• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OCT 16-19 big bass secret word!

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out this past Saturday and caught some nice fish

My buddy caught this guy...4lbs 14oz 20.5 inches...we didnt have the secret word but thought we should post pics to show how great fall fishing is...

kao1.jpg

And I caught this 6lb 3oz 21.5 inch fish....Great weekend to fish...

jimmyfish.jpg

I didn't have the secret word with me on Thursday, but my buddy did get a picture of my 22" 7 lb fish. As soon as he sends me the picture, I'll put it on here, if I can figure out how to do it......I also had a 6-12 the same day. Our five fish limit weighted 29-4. They are all still swimming.

I was on green lake in Spicer. Only my second time on that lake. Last week I found some nice largemouths, but they were gone this weekend. I made it a point to ask the DNR if it was ok to fish for smallies even though they were closed and he said it was fine as long as they a cpr, just in case anyone was wondering.

I hate to put the lake name on here....I own a cabin on the lake and it is hammered as it is. I will tell you it is around the Waterville area. Nothing personal, just trying to preserve the good fishing. I think my email address is in my profile, if you can get to my profile. I would be willing to tell a few people, but not put it out for everyone to see. smile

jeff i think most of us can respect that. no sense in advertising these things. however we cannot get into the profiles unless you are Deitz d. if you want you can post up your e-mail address. Then it is still your decision to tell or even respond to e-mails. Either way we are all fisherman and we understand. also if you need help posting those pics send them to [YouNeedAuthorization]hotmail.com

Thanks ikeslayer, I'll take you up on that when my buddy gets them sent to me. I hope it will be yet this week. Along with the 7 lb bass on Thursday, I'll send you the picture of the 7-2 bass I caught on Wednesday. It was a very good 4 days of fishing my buddy and I had. In the 4 days of fishing, the five biggest bass weighed 32-12. I probably shouldn't put this in here. I'm sure alot of people won't believe the weights. I've had people tell me I should get the big ones mounted, but I already have a 9 lb bass mounted I caught when I lived in Iowa. Unless I can beat that, which would be the state record in Minnesota, I won't keep anything.

Thanks again for offering to post the pictures. I'll send them to you when I receive them.

I don't have any problems believing those weights. Right lake at the right time and those kinds of bags are there to be had. It is more common than most people think, lot people just don't like to talk about it for fear of putting un-necessary pressure on the lake. 10 years ago, fishing at this time of the year meant having the lake to yourself with maybe a walleye guy someplace out deep. Now on the proven big fish lakes, there are still lots of boats fishing LM and SM. Thats not a bad thing, just a sign of the times, late fall fishing is not a secret anymore for bass. Best day for me and friend, 8 fish that weighed just over 41. Water temp was 41 degrees, Oct. 29th, topped off by my buds 7lb 4 oz.