• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

possible mods to a clam;guide

JigginIsLife

how new is it, if it doesn't have good seats like some of the first guides, then I would upgrade the seats

I agree, to many mods will weight it down, I can get mine into the back of my nissan murano by myself and it fits perfectly. I load it up with 2x4's and such, not sure I'd be able to heave it up there

i got decent seats on it, so that wont change, but i am thinkinging about some how mounting a pedistal on it and haveing two spots on the out side, and one in the middle for when i fish alone. other than that im trying to run my lights through the poles - its not working so well.

Keep the wiring out of the poles. You will only have problems, like weak poles, pinched wiring or disconnected wires inside of the poles. Instead, just buy the oval overhead LED lights from Fleet or Northern Tool or other stores. They are small, bright and very portable.

If you really want permanent lights, then take an old cell phone charger with the coiled wiring, and run it up the outside of the poles. The coiled wires allow you to expand and collapse the house without worrying about the wires. Here are a couple photos of my old Guide. I now have the battery in its own secure "box" that sits in the corner of the sled and out of the way.

LEDlightconnections.jpg

LEDlight.jpg

I will also agree that you should keep the weight to a minimum if you are doing mods.

I agree,keep the wireing outside the poles.I ran wires inside on my Voyager and could already see potential problems.There is a spring clip inside for the button that does not leave much room to get a wire past.This may be different on Otters as they use square tubing that my allow more room.I really like the idea of the wires inside but I will sacrifice form for better function.

Well i actually ended up removing both of the sliding seats and plan to just sit on an old chair of mine i have for ice fishing which will work great i think, I also installed two of the BHK lights in there and am waiting on 2 more (possible overkill) but you just cant have enough lights. I plan on putting some type modification in which there well be a spot for the battery a couple on off switches for the lights and a cigerette lighter type adapter. and also i think either some speakers or stereo but not sure yet. but the neat thing im thinking is to have it so it can be removed for when i fish 2 people. and i can just take the battery with and hook up what lights i need directly to the battery. i removed the sliding swivel chairs and that took out a ton of weight so i can literrally throw the thing around and to the point where i actually need weight in the sled for when im out ice fishing otherwise the sled moves around. so i dont think tossin in a few things will bring the weight up so much. either way im excited to get out there.

Anyone with mods have things that are possibly a must, or a must not???

I agree on the weight reduction. I pulled the seat out of my pro because of the xtra weight. I sit on a bucket seat inside the sled ... not quite as comfy, but does the job. Also makes it easier to store and get at stuff.

I am wondering if anyone though has done just a half mod?? or possibly a little under 3/4 mod to leave some of the sled exposed for somone like me who is going to use thier own seat?? I am thinking of a one or two compartments along the back and one along the back flad side of the sled then i can sit with a table to the left of me and whatever i need to the right...

so haaad, i have seen plenty of mods, but this isn't what I was looking for. I understand by making a 2x2 frame, but the way the sled sits on a X2 and with the seats, I was wondering if anyone bypassed these or how they ran the 2x2 to drop down.

hey thanks for the link that was exactly what i am/ was looking for i already have the plans drew up and am going to be putting the paper into action. i have the 2x2's i am awaiting another two BHK lights. i purchased (thanks to RustyIronMan) the two Terminal strips and picked up (thanks to all on the wiring thread) a couple of toggle switches designed for 12v. I am still looking for the ciggerette lighter outlet thing?? im not sure where to get it wasnt at mernards. i am awaiting my new vexi battery to make a compartment and hook up. all i need then is the ply-wood and i think im pretty close to getting out on the ice.

Just wrote up the diagram on a piece of computer paper, and its looking like its a go. after my girlfriend gave me a good hour of grief about how upsessed on ice fishing i was i finally got to get back on the computer to finish some things on here. anyways looks like i will start construction on this baby this weekend.

im going to do some modes to my x2 this year like led lights and some tipe of fraim in the slead to stop stuff from moveing aroind in it ...but i need to sent in the tarp to get fixt the seam riped on it and its only 3 months old when it riped

FINALLY Im sorta done...well done enough for the ice to show its face... hopefully these pics work. anyways you will see its set up a little different i had to put sides on the compartments becuase on the guide the side of the sled is only about 6 inches so i had to do the whole compartment...(not so cool) but i did have enought room to put a bucket spot a main compartment and a rod holder. within the rod holder i put one of the seat pouches on the bottom so i can actually put the rods in there without the danger of the eyes being broke by the mod. i havent been able to do anything about the outside of the mod becuase i ran short on funds frown but i think this will do untill the snow starts flying and i get some money (hopefully not untill about 15 inches of ice is out) anyways comments, questions, and constructive criticism is very welcome..

icehouse002.jpg

icehouse001.jpg

icehouse003.jpg

icehouse004.jpg

icehouse005.jpg

icehouse006.jpg