• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a place to take kids this weekend

FishingWebGuy

Any ideas on a small cabin site we can rent for the weekend on short notice?

We'd like something secluded, on a lake, with plenty of trails nearby for hiking.

Cabin doesn't have to be much. Running water is optional, electricity would be good but not necessary. Actually we'd even do without a cabin if we could camp on a lake clearing by ourselves.

Any ideas?

Not sure where you were thinking, but Lake Maria state park by Monticello, has cabins to rent. it's on lake Maria, and have some trails to hike on. The leaves are in full color right now around there. they don't have camper sites so it should be pretty quite, I would think. just a thought, of somewhere close.

Anywhere out in the sticks sounds good to me. I checked on the dnr reservations site and it seems there are no cabins at state parks available this weekend.

I've never headed into a state forest before but am considering hitting up George Washington and finding a place to park and pitch a tent. Anybody done this?