• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Color Underwater Camera

Smellson

So I was thinking about getting an underwater camera to put in the permanent for this winter and thought it would be cool to get a color camera. I see the price on the color units is pretty high but after doing a little surfing on a popular auction sight I found a couple different underwater cameras (just the camera with cable) that offer a color picture. These cameras can be plugged in to your regular tv. Has anyone tried this before? I dont see how I could go wrong with this....I know I wont be able to use this unit during open water in the boat boat for the price it seems like a sweet deal (maybe too good to be true?)...any input would be appreciated!

I guessed at which site you were exploring for the camera's and you are right, if that is the price and they work it would be a great deal. The one's I found were about fifty bucks. Even the 7 inch monitor included would be a better deal than the price you would pay for the retail alternative, you are still ahead about 550.00 dollars. A person could even buy a decent ice house size flat screen and still be ahead of the game. If you find out any more information please post. It is almost worth it at that price to give it a shot. I have spent more on less in the past.

Shouldnt be too big of a deal in a perm. You can get the power set up for all of it, and keep the monitor.

You basically are paying for the all in one package mobility.

I say go for it, if it doesnt pan out then hawk the camera back where it came from for $10 less.