• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home Building Prices/Materials?

Coach1310

you guys are talking as though their is o value in building right now,statement is that my labor with a small amount of money in materials made a very signifacant property value increase.

My year off is to recover from also breaking my back falling from the same project,I plan to supervise more work being done here if interest rates do fall as I am learning to walk again and cant do much.

Part of costs versus value is the key to real estate value LOCATION .

just got done reading newest issue of Lake and Home magazine that highlights custom homes in Ottertail,Becker,Douglas,and Kandiyohi countys and it seems that 65% lakeshore and recreational propertys in these countys are owned by out of county residents Its the custom home that is keeping labor forces working.

I think sparce knows that this was centered towards him,kinda lightly keep intouch withsome locals thru this site.Sparce you seem to study things and make decisions that are well rounded,and would like to give this magazine as your lakeshore propertys are still increasing with improvements or without.

good luck

Sorry if I confused strangers

You are probably correct with the vacation areas.

Although, my dad always says "something is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it"

That being said, there aren't many willing to buy anything right now or aren't capable of getting money right now. The market is slow and weak because of it. That's why the posts are the way they are.

As for your back....been there, done that, about 5 years ago when I was 24. Was out for 8 months. Broken back, leg, and foot. Take the recovery slow. It is well worth it. Good to hear you aren't just sitting around though. It's like starting over from being a baby, and trying to do it as rapidly as possible.

Look at commodities now their all comming back to years ago prices,Even copper is gettin back to my price range.

I assume they'll bottom out in bout a year,As most economists say the markets will.We're not near out of recession and wont be for a long time!

I cant wait too long to start building,Gettin older! and like prime,a const accident 1994 yet have occasional surgery repairs after 9 between 95 & 2000.

Unfortunatly it will be to my gain if the times keep gettin worse