• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So, hows everyone else summer project coming along?

fishingguy

Coming right along, im building a 10x 20 on MilleLacs. Outside is done, vinyl siding, vinyl windows, shingles. Last weekend i did the electrical and insulated. I'm heading up tomorrow for the weekend to do the tongue and groove knotty pine, gonna be fun! Next weekend will be the heater and gas lights, and building the bunks. I was hoping on building them out of pine logs, similar to the ones used for log beds, does anyone know of a place where i could find small logs? I'm assuming a 3 or 4" round log will be fine. I have been working on this since april 9th, a little here and there, she's coming quick boys!

REMEMBER TO: CROSS THEIR EYES!

We were planning on gutting our fish house out and putting up a vapor barrier, rewiring it for lights on all the holes, put in a better bunk, and a few other things.

So far, we've managed to move it from next to the shed to behind the barn.

Boilerguy, I've got the exterior done. Painted it last night. Was down and out for a few days with a sore back. But back at it again, so I plan on starting the wiring and insulating tomorrow. Then its cut the holes, insulate and carpet the floor, sheet the interior, build some cabinets, and she'll be ready for the ice. Hopefully by the end of aug. But we'll see. hehehe!

rattle,

Good idea to use the steel and the foam. I did that when I built one a few years ago. A lot lighter than other materials.

I agree with no vapor barier too. You want your shack to breathe a little so you do not get CO build up.

i've been told not to put in a vapor barrier! I've talked to a couple guys that have and they are having trouble with getting moisture in the walls and the panneling warps and gets moldy. so what i'm doing is putting steel siding on and 1 1/2 in foam and caulking the sides of the foam. then putting up my panneling. that way you should have no problem with moisture or wind getting through!

I got all the wiring done and the walls insulated over the weekend. This morning (afternoon shift this week) I got the holes cut and fitted the catch covers. Hope to have the ceiling and floor insulated by the end of the week.

This is MY first permanent icehouse! The floor & skids got done this weekend! Yippee! Now because of previous commitments and working part time every other weekend, the walls and siding and everything else has to wait til labor day frown.gif

It ended up being 7'x12'. I think that is still going to be plenty of room for 2-3 guys to spend a weekend, 4 if we all get along with each other. I was a little concerned about weight and moveability. We're bringing it out to the lake on my snowmobile trailer and have to bring it off the same way. Once its out there, 4x4 GMC Sierra to pull it around.

I'll keep everyone updated. I work as an architectural designer so I think I have a bunch of clever ways of putting some of this house together. We'll find out for sure in the coming months. If nothing else, when I'm done, I'll have CAD plans available for anyone interested in something similar.

Hey Hanson...

Did you say CAD? Sign me up for a set when you get a chance. Finished or no, I'd like to have a look see. I have AutoCAD and can probably import any format... moosehunter at earthlink dot net.

As far as my own projects...

My ATV auger rack prototype is just about ready for the torch. But due to a falling-out with my welder, my progress has slowed a bit. My Lil' Green house is going to get new skids. I have all the materials, but no work has been done there yet.

I have started my auger a couple times a month just to kept the spark lit. grin.gif

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)