• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spear house

Rainman

Build it light. or build it w/ retractable wheels! I built one 4 x 6 with no insulation in it and could tip it into a truck by myself! Only problem was I had to insulate the ceiling or the condesation would start dripping off of it! They are pretty easy to build! You can build one in a weekend pretty easily!

Tis the Season to start building my spear house. I've speared out of several different houses but never made one of my own. I was wonder if anyone had some helpful hints, plans, or ideas to reduce potential headaches.

Bucknaked,

Built one last year out of old garage doors!! Works great. We made it 6x8. It is light weight, dark, quiet, and I put a 3x5 foot hole in it with a retractable cover. Works great you just need a can of spray foam to fill in the little holes. You get time because you can not always get the door sections tight. I just went to the local garage door man and asked for the old sections from door. He let me have all I want. Even if the door got run into there are atleasted 2 good sections. If they are 16 footers it is even better. You get 2 peices out of them.

I build quit a few 4x6 portables each yr. They are light in weight don't take up much space and can set up in about 30 seconds. If you'd be interested in a portable I could get ya some scetches and list of materials. They weigh about 100 lbs. and can be built in a day. About 170-180 bucks for materials depending on where you get them.

------------------
Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

Guys I will get you the scetches but am leaving for camping in an hr. I got a scanner but will have to ask my kid how to run it, should be back next week.

------------------
Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

Sorry guys

Have been busy w/work and other things. I got some decent scetches and tried to e-mail, but being computer illiterate can't get the scanner figured out. Will try again but if not e-mail your address and I'd mail a copy to ya.

psegriz at hotmail dot com

------------------
Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ