• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jared Allen?

Jigger Here

Quote:
he certainly hasn't been "amazing" so far.

Actually I'm upgrading him to UNBELIEVABLE after this weeks game.

I understand the Average Joe will just look at the the Sack totals and make their assumption on how he's playing but I along with members of the National media really didn't understand how good he is in every facet of the game.

He doesn't stop busting his arse the entire game. He's much better at stopping the run then we thought and his relentless pursuit of the Ball is almost unheard of. He has to be one of the 3 best Ends in the NFL and worth every penny we paid....PERIOD.

So we're going from amazing to UNBELIVABLE!.... grin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no matter how you slice it he's halfway through 2008 and he has 7 sacks, on pace for 14. Not all that bad I'd say! Lots of bleep talkers saying that he wasn't worth the money.

Berrian is stretching the field and looking like a good investment of late with a TD in his last 4 games.

I agree, regardless of what anyone says about Allen, he is earning his money here. Putting tons of pressure on the qb, getting a sack here and there, and actually becoming fairly stout against the run. And im pretty sure if he keeps up his pace, we will see him in Hawaii.

allen is the best DE we've had in ages...he's halfway in sack totals in what i expected half way through the season and got off to a slow start...pretty sure he leads the league in qb hurries or dang near..if we could of held up some wr's for another fraction of a second he'd have boat loads of sacks....he forces a few fumbles, gets in on blocked kicks, sniffs out screens and stops the run...i don't know what else you could want.

some of our defensive play calling is questionable sometimes like when we have a team in 3rd and long and decide to put allen in coverage...we finally realized if we do that we gotta blitz winfield lol...before we were just doing it for no reason.

k-dubbs is having a career year so far and it isn't just a coincedence...allen comes around the corner so fast he forces qb's to step up into the pocket.

sucks jared's hurt...3rd degree seperation of the shoulder they are saying...i know we need him against the pack but he's listed as doubtful...if he does miss time hopefully its just one game.

berrian has been one of the most consistant WR's in the nfl since gus became starter....pretty sure he's leading the league in average yards per catch for guys with 20 or more receptions...he's pretty much averaging 100 yards and a td a game since gus has been in...i'd say so far he's been our best WR since moss....we haven't had a go-to guy since randy...berrian is becoming a pretty reliable go-to guy.

ol shankhole has been holding onto the ball lately too lol

as a team we are still playing below expectations but in a weak division we are still in it...we started out pretty bad but we are getting better so hopefully we can finish strong...it will suck if the williams wall gets suspended though...we are doomed then.

yeah he came up big again today, i'm glad he played, didn't seem to get anymore injured so thats cool..another week of rest should help his shoulder.

i like that he smokes the qb's...i'm sure the fines don't bother him to much....he makes a pretty fat paycheck....that kind of money to him is like what a dollar is to us.

right when i was sayin how consistant berrian has been latley he has a bad game lol....oh well it happens.

Well, Allen moves into third place amongst Defensive Linemen with 11 sacks for the season. Abraham (ATL) has 12.5, Tuck (NYG) has 11.5, and Allen is tied with Julius Pepper (CAR). 4 weeks left.

Berrian has a nice game. Amazing what happens with a little play action. 795 yds and 5 scores in 12 games...that includes 3 stinkfests and having TJack and Gus as your starting QB...The guy has to be leading the league in average yds per reception.

Wow, doesn't look like any fines this week for cheap shots. He actually made it one game! He must be still injured or he surely would have got one or two blows to the QB's head or chops to his knees if he wasn't playing hurt. Must have lost a step...

Wow, doesn't look like any fines this week for cheap shots. He actually made it one game! He must be still injured or he surely would have got one or two blows to the QB's head or chops to his knees if he wasn't playing hurt. Must have lost a step...

no, he just stopped hanging out with Al Harris

jareds hair was stylin...i think i seen a couple patches and uneven parts lol.

i'm hopin he gets somewhere between 15-20 sacks....imagine the other 25 times he missed a sack by half a second.

i wonder if he'll get a fine for doing cpr on the ball and throwing it in the air?

LMITOUT it was more of kiss or smooch on the cheek of Rodgers then it was a BLOW to the head. Probably why he wasn't suspended.

So what was he trying to kiss when he ended Schaub's season? blushwhistle