• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My self and a few guys are going to be in the harvey area from 10/24/08-10/31/08. Just wondering if anybody has any info on the area, like water levels, how much crp is gone, how much crop is still up. maybe pheasent, duck, snows and geese numbers in the area.

I haven't been up to Harvey for a month now, but I can tell you that water levels are as good as last year, if not slightly improved. The got a lot of rain late August - September and things are improved from the dire conditions predicted this spring.

How much crop is gone? I have no idea, but if it's remotely like it is down here (which I would guess it is) there are lots of standing crops left - for sure corn, and likely sunflowers and some beans.

marine_man

Got back from there the 19th. Southwest of Harvey a few miles it really dries out, East is wet. Most crops are still in the fields, just starting to take out beans. Some low fields had some sheet water in the crops but it was drying out last week. Lot of small honkers flying around, some SOB's, very few ducks, never saw a duck in a field. Most ducks were on big water, almost none on potholes. Pheasants were pretty thick. Must have had some late hatches because many birds were not fully feathered out. Lots of hunters out last weekend mainly after roosters. We did not hear much shooting though.