• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Just wondering if the rumor is true that the island on the main lake at Marsh are closed due to Newcastle diease. Anyone hunted there yet this year?

They are, and I was there lastnight.

It's the islands in the central part of the lake.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• I've never bought a car/truck over $15K, so yeah.  It would take a powerball jackpot before I was in the market for a dealer showroom boat.
    • Dry brine with Mortons Tenderquick, amount directions per pound are on the package in a ziplock in the fridge. Add seasonings like onion, garlic, black pepper, maple sugar or brown, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg. What ever you prefer. Take meat out of brine and let sit in Fridge overnight. Smoke around the 130 degree mark for 12 hours (for my liking) or as smokey as you like. Cut into 1/8" slices and cook in the oven 425 degrees for 20 to 30 min to your desired crispness. 
    • I just bought two panels that I am going to trim slightly to replace one of the 3 grates on my Big Horn grill... I actually have a buddy that received them this weekend for fathers day and say they work just as advertised on his pellet grill.... I will give an update next week when they arrive.
    • never heard of it....  
    • Since we are talking about searing stations, etc....   Has anyone ever used the Grill Grate product on their pellet grills?   https://www.grillgrate.com/shop-grillgrates/standard-grillgrates/pellet-grills/
    • You've got the right idea. There are a ton of bacon recipes here on HSO if you search for bacon - I've pasted one here to what seemed like one of the more popular brines. I made bacon once, and it turned out OK, but it's a long process.  Good luck and let us know how it turn out.  
    • Reverse seared a big thick 3lb cowboy ribeye for Father’s Day over charcoal. The novelty of the idea was fun. Then after cooking you realize you pay a lot of money for bone and fat and not a lot of meat.   Lesson learned to just go with a nice thick regular ribeye steak instead next time.  
    • Well this weekend certainly wasn't ideal for fishing weather. Between strong winds and storms every day Friday-Sunday it made it hard to get some good quality fishing time in. Just kept getting chased off the water with thunder and lightning in the area every day and night. Never saw a lot rain but plenty of storms in the area to keep us off the water.   Did manage to catch some fish regardless just nothing big enough or worth keeping. Not a keeper walleye caught and lots of skinny 8-9" perch which were all released.
    • Hey everyone my wife bought me a pork belly to try to smoke and make bacon out of it. Does anyone have any advice i have never done one before. Sounds like your brine it for a while then smoke then let cool and slice. But it would be nice to hear from people that have done it.