• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dream Waterfowl Hunt...where would u go if u could?

Jeepguy, you nailed my dream hunt, sea ducks on the coast, how do they taste?

Fritz, I have been to New Zealand several times and talked about the duck hunting with local people and it seems they hunt them by pass shooting and setting up small decoy spreads in open pastures and grassy slopes, evidently the ducks just bomb right in. The ones I seen were almost totally pitch black, big, and traveled in small family groups. I forgot to ask if they even migrate, with the weather being warm most of the year.

Jeepguy, you nailed my dream hunt, sea ducks on the coast, how do they taste?

Fritz, I have been to New Zealand several times and talked about the duck hunting with local people and it seems they hunt them by pass shooting and setting up small decoy spreads in open pastures and grassy slopes, evidently the ducks just bomb right in. The ones I seen were almost totally pitch black, big, and traveled in small family groups. I forgot to ask if they even migrate, with the weather being warm most of the year.

I never got to taste one. The guides tell me they are terrible. Here is what is done with them. The head guide's cousin comes over and breasts them out, then he takes the meat to the local soup kitchen. The breast meat is then ground up with pork sausage and added to soup for the soup kitchen. I wanted to try some but they saud it is unbearable to eat by itself. I guess I could of made that assumption, because when you finally get these 7 lb birds in the boat the stink like fish in a big way.