• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dream Waterfowl Hunt...where would u go if u could?

Me................

I wanna watch the sun come up and hear the rush of wings coming into the "secret" decoy formation. I want to breathe the crisp autumn air and feel the recoil of the 3.5 shells exploding toward their targets...and the subsequent splash as one of God's creations falls swiftly back to earth.........The satisfaction of a good hunt with good people and knowing you were handy enough with the steel that you shall eat well tonite.......

all In Dan Z's boat!

201007926_a74c2c11b1_m.jpg

I would love to make a trip to Canada or Argentina. I have seen some hunting shows that have great hunt in both places. Unfortunately my check card tells me to stay in the Fly way of South Dakota for a mixed bag hunt of ducks, geese and of course pheasants.

Me................

I wanna watch the sun come up and hear the rush of wings coming into the "secret" decoy formation. I want to breathe the crisp autumn air and feel the recoil of the 3.5 shells exploding toward their targets...and the subsequent splash as one of God's creations falls swiftly back to earth.........The satisfaction of a good hunt with good people and knowing you were handy enough with the steel that you shall eat well tonite.......

all In Dan Z's boat!

201007926_a74c2c11b1_m.jpg

well I always have room all ya gotta do is drive over/down and I will take ya

I can't decide but I think I'd lean towards somewhere in a very remote part of Saskatchewan or Alberta where the birds weren't decoy shy, there wasn't another hunter for 10 miles, the landscape was large and very panoramic, and birds everywhere. Whew, I think I need to sit down for a minute. Cool!

I would say in New Zealand I hear it's absolutely phenomenal there. The other spot I would want to hunt is somewhere on the NE coast hunting sea ducks.

I got a chance to go to Maine and hunt sea ducks last November, it was a blast, but man are those Eiders hard to kill. A lot different than hunting here is Minnesota.

Here's a link to a live camera that's on the reserve all the time. You can zoom in and out and see what's active at the marsh all the time. It's actually really helpful. If you watch it every day, you can tell when the migrations are leaving, thereby telling you when abouts they'll be in our area, since this is pretty much straight north of us.

http://www.oakhammockmarsh.ca/nature/live-video/index.html

Originally Posted By: fritz179
I would say in New Zealand I hear it's absolutely phenomenal there. The other spot I would want to hunt is somewhere on the NE coast hunting sea ducks.

I got a chance to go to Maine and hunt sea ducks last November, it was a blast, but man are those Eiders hard to kill. A lot different than hunting here is Minnesota.

Did you do it through a guide or someone you know? Have any success?

Originally Posted By: jeepguy
Originally Posted By: fritz179

Did you do it through a guide or someone you know? Have any success?

Yea, I went with a Guide service called Penobscot Guide Service. I will try to post a picture (i need to figure out how) and they are a little grainy because I left my digital on the charger when I left for the airport and had to settle with some throw aways I bought at a rite aid pharmacy at 2 am somewhere in new hamshire on my way to maine from boston. Anyways, it was nice because I got to go along with my uncle and it was sponsored by the corporation he works for. We were setup for 3 days of hunting. Day 1 was awesome, limits by noon. Day 2 was so-so, and day three the weather turned dangerous so we could not even venture out.

Though it's not incredibly exotic, I really liked The Pas when I was there 9 years ago. Hunted some really neat places up there and met some really good people. I need to get back there one of these days.

Argentina would be my choice for dream trips. Oddly enough, I had several Latin American and South American co-workers out for dinner last night. One was from Argentina, but I doubt she knew much about the duck hunting.