• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lazer hand augers

icecold

I've never used a Lazer hand auger, but if the blades are similar to the ones on my power auger, it should cut real slick! I've cut refrozen holes with my lazer power auger and it works fine. I'm not sure if its the 'powerpoint' or the shaving blades that make it suitable for cutting a refrozen hole.

Some of those hand augers really cut through the ice fast. The Lazer is a nice auger. Cuts like butter. smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

A friend of mine bought a six inch lazer(a black one).It cuts thruogh ice like a hot knife through butter.Funny thing is whenever he hears a gas auger fire up near us he quick grabs his lazer and races the gas auger.Most of the time he beats them.It can go through 10" of ice in somewhere around 15 cranks.I think the 8" would be a little bit longer cranking.It also re-cuts old holes very nice.

I've got the 6 and 8 inch lazer hand augers and they have both worked fine for opening old holes. I've used my 6" for 7 years now and it does what the others say "hot knife through butter". Either auger is great for early ice.
The 8" is nice for pike fishing but later in the season it's not my first choice when I run and gun for them panfish. I still carry it as a back up for the power auger.

has anyone had their lazer auger stick at the bottom of the hole when drilling, i have this problem often with my friends lazer, but have never had the problem with my mora.

------------------
a Leap year huh? sweet, an extra day of fishing!

I've got a Lazer and I always get the sticking at the bottom. Is that an often occurance with hand augers? I dunno. This past winter was my first ice-fishing experience.