• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wallydiver

Building a Fish House

Does anyone know where I can find a Retractable Fish House Trailer with the wheels that crank by hand? I've heard from some people there is a place in Bemidji that has them but nobody knows the name of the person/dealer that makes or sells them. Any help would be much appreciated.

do a search in the equipment forum, there are some threads there that have info.

O

wallydiver,

There are actually a number of different places that sell just the trailer. I think most of the companies that sell houses also probably offer a trailer only.

IMHO, check out the Road King trailers that are offered on this site. I know they are available in Owatonna, possibly elsewhere. They have many features that I'd consider very important to have in a fish house frame.

www.roadkingoutdoors.com

Thanks for the replies. I was in Bemidji today and found some for a reasonable price. They had some with houses on them but no bare trailers. I'm going to Grand Forks tomorrow and will check some out over there also.

there is one sitting in maple plain for sale,im going thru therer tomorrow and will stop and look at it

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• In late summer end of July and August when the water warms and the oxygen drops in the shallows. I have caught Eye's trolling deep diving raps, plugs behind dispy divers for suspended fish over 50-70 feet of water where the bait balls are. So, yes please don't follow us lost crazy people around out there! 🤪  😁
    • They call it 'No Man's Land' because nobody fishes it, unless they are lost, stupid or their locator is in simulation mode. That works for me because that's my comfort zone. Most people wouldn't believe the numbers of trophy fish I have caught in water that's over 50' deep. Recently I was out on a local lake trolling for walleyes in deep water with shallow and medium diving crankbaits, and I noticed 3 other boats that were avoiding the normal structure. Maybe their locators were broken or in demo mode, but for there to be 4 of us driving slowly around the open water, it seemed like more than a coincidence. I boated 4 eyes in 4 hours, with a smaller average size than I was hoping for. I am not looking for lakes, spots or secrets.... I am just curious if anybody else has noticed these 'fools' fishing water too deep for 'normal' fishing. Or maybe you have tried it a time or two, let me know what made you steer your boat away from the shoreline? Did it work out for you?  Is this style of fishing becoming more popular, or am I just paranoid?
    • Don't know yet if there are more.   
    • nope, they just like my bluebird houses! they got evicted again 2 nites ago!!!!!!!!! i learned a long time ago no millet. i only feed sunflower and safflower seed along with thistle!
    • WinnerDinner, what do you fish for there In Ireland?  
    • Well there's that! 👍  
    • Speaking of lures I remembered something... Recently I have been trying to understand how to fish at night, was never really much of a fan before. Don’t overload yourself with tackle when fishing at night. Use a smaller tackle box and make use of two or three separate, small containers for all the necessary items like hooks, weights, small bait etc. Night-fishing success means not using bright lights and being very quiet. I feel in love with my new glow in the dark fishing lure, it is so underrated, there are quite a lot of these glow in the dark lures at places like Amazon and such. According to veteran fly-fishermen trout that are all but impossible to catch during the day will be more likely to hit at night. Why? Because these fish are nocturnal feeders. They venture out from under the logs and out of the deeper holes to feed in the shallows. Of course, when you’re seeking trout or other shallow feeders at night you’ll have to take extra precautions to stay safe. So far I've been doing good with my night fishing adventures.
    • My "BROWNING STRIKE FORCE SUB MICRO" was a dream. It really stands out for its exceptional daylight clarity and amazing battery life. The images this game camera can capture put most 12MP cameras to shame. It also uses power very efficiently, even with heavy use of video – especially if you install a set of lithium batteries.  You can expect several months’ use out of them which is even more impressive when you consider that it runs on six AAs, instead of the more common eight.
    • They only have 2 options in life: 1 - get hunted. 2 - get ran over.
    • Crazy thing just happened to me while fishing off my dock... Was throwing a topwater, not paying attention, and SPLASH, I set the hook and nothing there. As I was reeling in to try that spot again, I heard something in the big pine next to the dock, but didn't think anything of it. Recasted and heard something again, turned my headlight on in time to see an owl heading to and then kinda hovering over my lure...  I thought that was weird... A couple casts later I hooked a small bass.... Then I lift it out of the water and as I'm reaching for it, the crazy owl swoops down and about hit me as it tried to nab my bass!!! Holy $#!+ I said out loud and decided to go up the hill before I got attacked. But not until I got pics and videos of the brave bird.  Last summer I had a very similar up close encounter with a great blue heron and a crappie, right at dusk with a heavy fog coming in... Not sure which one surprised me more!!