• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

musky behavior?

So i was out on a lake for the second time today but a totally different time of the year from the first time. Bot times I was out there were multiple muskies swimming around with thier heads out of the waterand thier mouths wide open. We've only ever seen them doing it on this lake and only around these two reed islands on the lake. I was just curious if anyone knew why they did it because I've never seen this before in prolly 10 years of musky fishing.

I've seen it a few times in the past. I usually see it happen during the middle of summer on hot days. However, other people have witnessed it happening during the cooler months also. I have heard others say that they do it when they have something stuck in their throat and they are trying to swallow or dis-lodge that object. That very well could be why. I don't think anyone knows for sure. Also, you can try the search feature on this site for more info. because I remember this topic coming up before.

i tried to throw everything i could think of to get one to bite but they just dont care we had the boat with in 6 feet of one that prolly would have just broke the 40 mark befor it swam off. But thanks alot on the quick answer it had been bugging me all summer seeing this.