• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Destinations...2004-2005

Matt Johnson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys. Quit it. I've been eager to hit the ice for almost a month now. What's with us? When the water is frozen over, we are eagerly waiting for open-water. When it's open-water, we can't wait for the ice.

So, when the ice is 10 inches thick, I'll be bringing my boat out, chipping away at the ice, and getting my boat floating. Then I'll drill a nice 8 inch hole next to the boat, and ice fish from the boat. tongue.giftongue.gif

Anybody else miss ice fishing as much as I do?

My favorite locations are:

Anything that I can get to after work that will allow at least an hour of fishing before bedtime. (metro area)

Lost...I knew you couldn't resist grin.gif

Won't be long and we'll be out on that first ice bite...
MJ5icesceenCoon-420x285.jpg
Metro Area Lake in late November

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 08-02-2004).]

Matt, you better bring me along sometime like you said you would. I want to catch something this coming winter! My "guides" last year put me on bass bait. Need to catch something worth bragging about this year.

Bring on the ice!

The red vest is hard to find grin.gif

I might have to retire the red vest this winter, I burnt a hole in it during late ice last winter (leaned on the hot auger). But we'll see...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

YAY! no one has picked my lake yet! wink.gif I wanna try out URL since everyone is talkin how great it is..Buts its to far away! :'( Guess ill have to stick to one around my area.

I know, but i just want to go to say that i did, and compare size of fish. Only 120 more days til ice fishing! (approx) But a person can dream for early ice fishng! wink.gif

Lost -

Yes, there is a way to the Angle by sled. There are usually stick trails out of Warroad, Baudette and Arnesons. The routes vary every year due to ice conditions and pressure ridges.

I have run out of Warroad myself. Watch out for ice heaves, especially on the east and west ends of Garden Island. The trip will be between 40 and 50 miles, and the time it takes is dependant on how rough the lake is.

LOW
LOW
LOW
LOW
LOw
Red
Red
Red
St.Louis River a bunch
Rainy Lake
Red River
Lake Superior off of Superior Wi. Eyes
Lake Superior Ashland Wi. Smallies/Coho
Unnamed lake between Duluth and Ely
Island Lake South
Anything else that promises good fishin and fun

Leaky,
Hopefully we can meet up again this winter. It was nice talking with you up on Red Lake at West Wind at the ICE Series event. I'm going to try and make it to Burntside this winter.

Steve,
Who are you trying to kid, you know you don't like ice fishing grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Not yet Leaky, but once they are released I'll post them here. Should be a blast again this year! A good chance for all us ice fisherman to get together at an awesome destination and put a whoopin on the fish smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Hey Mat I drive by Spirit Lake in Iowa all the time (my wife is from NW Iowa). Can you fish that lake with a MN license? I know the northern tip of the lake is actually in Minnesota but was not sure if it's considered a border water or not.

Thanks ~piker