• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wooly1

Retrackable wheel house repair

My fish house with wheel kit is rusting. It has long square tubing (8' length on 12' house, approximately)that the winches are mounted on. The tubing was not capped so rain and snow cound get inside. About half way down they are rusting from the inside and losing their strength. How can I fix this and should I change to the leaf spring design?
I live in the Faribault area. Is there anyone around here that can repair this?
Thanks for your tips.

i cant help you but since you live in the fairbuilt area and ice fish do you know any of the VanZuilen boys? they are my uncles and i go fishing with them alot over christmas break

Yes, I know Chris and Jim. They are always ice fishing with a former co-worker of mine Larry Severin.
I put my house with them but I always seem to be a week late from the good bite. Go figure.
They are both great guys and I enjoy their company.
Take care and good luck on the water/ice.
TK

The cable that runs from winch to corner of frame goes through the center of the square tube at the end.
I think I need a re-design when I have it fixed. That is why I am considering leaf spring system. What are the drawbacks to going that route? Anyone have feedback on the leaf spring winch mount on ice houses?