• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I like to have at least 12' of line on my deeks. What I do it take 12' of "No Tangle" brand line and I crimp a 8-10" bungy to it (basically looping both ends). On the end of the bungy I crimp on one of the flexible lead weights that allows me to form a U shape. Just wrap up the line, stretch out the bungy so there is pressure on the line and hook the U shape weight on the end of the keel. Works great and the bungy keeps it from comping loose. Very similar to the Ace style anchors.

You can buy cheap little bungy's like 4 for $1.50. I then purchased the 12 oz lead anchors and cut them in half so I had enough for a dozen.

This is what i used.

No Tangle cord

Crimps

6 oz Nuts

I crimp the cord to the decoy and then string about 6 foot out and crimp the end by making a loop for the nut at the end. I then use a large D ring and hook the end where the loop and nut is to the d ring for transport. When i get to where i am hunting i unhook the loop from the d ring and drop it in the water. When i am done hunting i pull the end where the nut is out of the water and hook it to the d ring. The decoys float behind me as i pickup the rest of them.