• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aluminum frames

TV BOY

I am looking to buy or build a fish house this year. I want it to be as big and light as possible as to use a 4 wheeler to move it around.
I have seen some with aluminum siding and studs but not much for an aluminum frame/ trailer. Is it not rigid enough to have crank down wheels? I know they make snowmobile trailers out of it so why not fish house frames?

I seen an aluminum frame break once while being towed down the road. After seeing that i would never go aluminum. I have a 16' made out of steal with 1x1 steal studs in wall and roof. I pullit around the lake just fine with a yamaha 400 atv. weight fully loaded 2800

I'm not looking for a sleeper, just something a little warmer and bigger than the clam. Not a big fan of driving my truck on the ice until its very thick (late season) So I want the weight down so I can use the kodiak 450 to pull it around and haul it in the house.

I am intrigued by the ones with the spray foam interiors. (not sure why...perhaps the mold factor in fiberglass)

Anyone out there see and or use a "Zack Shack" ? They are made out in ND out of steel tubing with spray foam insulation. The 6 x 10 is suposed to be about 850 lbs.

There is also one built by Big K industries that is fiberglass on a steel frame. The 6.5x12 weight is around 1,400 lbs. Has anyone out there heard or seen one of these?

[This message has been edited by TV BOY (edited 07-14-2004).]

Aluminum vs steel

If you were to take the 2 with the same dimensions aluminum is about 1/2 the weight and 3/4 the strenght, price varies but is considerable more.

------------------
Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ