• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shallow during fall

Craigums

I made a rare October appearence on a lake (without a shotgun and decoys) this past Saturday. All of our fish came on cranks on rocks well off the bank. All except one. My brother snatched a 20"+ off some 3 foot hard bottom. We even caught smaller bass trolling cranks in 15+ feet of water.

I'll go back to my duck boat now.

Nice Im gonna have to head up there this weekend and give it a try. I haven't fished it since July, been a little preoccupied with some other lakes puttin out hawgs. Isn't it crazy how thick the fish are on that lake and how small there mouths are. They are some young fish that is for sure. Agape, didn't know you got up to that area to fish that often. How are the weeds up there? Last year they really weren't too thick compared to what i saw out there earlier this year. One of my deep spots on that lake that didn't have hardly a weed on it all last year was completely weed covered this year.

Well i don't know if i was thinking of a different lake than you guys were talking about or if they weren't going up shallow or what but i didn't even get a bite off the timber that i fished. I didn't fish all the timber though. I ended up catching quite a few but no pigs 3.5 - 4 lbs were the biggest. Every one that i caught came from 9-12 feet of water on dt10's and they were inhaling the bait.

Were you out there today Agape? I fished from early afternoon until 6:00.