• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good News

Otto is out of ICU and back on the transplant floor. He is awake and still tring to absorb what has happend the last few days that he has been sedated. He did see his kids for the 1st time in a week last night and that was good for all. He is doing better and we will have to see where eveything goes from here.

Hope

well, we found out today that the loss of the kidney was due to Dr. error. The kidney biopsy showed that the kidney was not getting enough blood. It was not getting enough blood because of something missed during the transplant which of course caused the kidney sac to fill with blood and break the kidney. Otto may not be able to do home dialysisfor a while which bums him out but he may be going home soon which is GREAT!!!!!

Hope

Otto is at home and back on dialysis. He is still very sore from having 2 surgeries on the same site. He is back on the transplant list. He is increasing the amount of walking he has been doing and is getting encouraged by his progress. If anyone is interested the will be a Spagitti benefit for him on Nov 12th in Brooklyn Park. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers.

Hope

Hello -

Good luck on the recovery. My dad had a liver and kidney transplant at the U 4 years ago and other than a long recovery he did quite well until this year. The nurses on the transplant floor are great. We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts.

-erik

OTTO MACHADO BENIFIT DINNER

Spaghetti Dinner Friday November 14, 2008 5:00pm to 8:00pm

Where: Elks Lodge No:44

2875 Brookdale Drive

Brooklyn Park, MN. 55444

Cost: $10.00 per plate in Advance

$15.00 per plate at the door.

Silent Auction at 7:30pm

Karaoke to follow at 8:30pm

For Tickets in Advance see BP Dispatch or Deb M at Champlin.

You may also purchase tickets from Brenda @ 763-477-8589 or Tom Russell 763-300-5214

My step mom also has tickets and I can advance buy them if anyone is interested.

Hope

The Benifit went really well. The family was overwhelmed by the turn out. The silent auction also went very well. I wish I would have looked closer at some of the items myself. Thank you Char for showing up. I have shared all of you thoughts with Otto and he say's thank you.

Hope