• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good News

My step-sisters husband has been waiting for a new kidney for a long time now, found out this morning that a match was found and he is in surgery as we speak. Otto has Alports disease and that causes kidneys to fail. I am excited for their family but also ask those of you that believe in prayer would pray for Otto as he is in surgery and for a great recovery.

Thanks,

Hope

Prayers to him and family. I lost my uncle in September. He was awaiting a Double Lung transplant. On top of the list for about 14 months. He had Cystic Fibrosis. I know what its like. Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Sending out mucho prayers, for him and his family. I just found out an old friend is on dialysis for kidney failure. He is a diabetic so I don't think there will be any transplants. I have been signed up as a donor on my DL for the last 25 years, although now that I am a diabetic I don't know if they can use anything.

Here is an update, surgery went well and the kidney pinked up right away. There is still some bleeding which will hopefully stop soon. Urine output is a little low but will hopefully improve. Prayers should also go out to the donor family who lost a 7 year old boy yesterday but save many other lives with their donations. Thanks all.

Hope

Otto is not doing well he has pneumonia and is on dialysis and his kidney may be asleep or rejecting, he also has had to receive several units of blood. To say he is miserable is an understatement. One Dr. wanted to play the wait and see game while others want to do tests. Well the wait and see Dr. was told by my step sister that that is not an option, she is great when it comes to getting the best treatment for her husband. Thanks all for the prayers.

Hope

Otto is not good they had to remove the kidney. The sac around the kidney filled with blood and actually cracked the kidney. Since that surgey last night his heart rate has been too high and they have had to keep the breathing tube in and keep him sedated. Thay are trying to pull 10 pounds of fluid off him through dialysis and hope that will give the heart some relief. His pneumonia is a little better, so we have a tiny bit of good news. Thanks all for your care, concern and prayers.

Hope

Hope, I am so sorry Otto is not doing well. I went through a nightmare illness with my husband in 2003, I know how stressful this is for you and your step sister. Keep the faith, there are a lot of people pulling for Otto.