• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable fishhouse.............kinda

I'M42NDAMEND

I am going to construct a 6x8 fishhouse which can be take apart. The sides, and roof will be able to be taken down for storage reasons. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this kind of setup and how you connected the walls and roof sections. I looked at a manufactured model but it was overly complicated and time consuming to assemble. Thanks.

Howdy...

Here's a pic of a little house I built a few years ago. It ended up being almost an 8'x8'. Breaks down into a bunch of sections. In fact, this one is stored in my basement as we speak. Takes roughly an hour to set up alone. Less than half that with two working. Two piece skid and two piece roof (that never leaks grin.gif)

47b4d932b3127cceb24b4ac471c60000001610

A while back a few members here were interested in building one like mine so I did a quicky write up on it's construction. If you're interested, post an email addy and I'll try and find my doc file... (BTW.... My computer is a MESS!!)

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 07-13-2004).]

UG....

I may just have to take you up on that file. If you'd be so kind, could you send that to these two folks so they don't have to wait for me and my confused computer.... You'd better send one back to me as well. Just in case. (email deleted) You'll have to come up and see the relatives this winter and make a pit stop out at the lil' green house. Sundowners out on Wacky were fantastic last year!!

fubar & J. Hall.... If you have any questions after you read the write-up, I'll be more than happy to help if I can...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 08-13-2004).]

Tried the other thread, now I'll try here. I would love a house, but the cost is what hold's me up. What does something like this cost? Cheaper than buying? Rough estimates are fine. Thanks.

Well.. Well.. Well.. Look at all the interest in my little shack....

At least I'm not the only one with "ice fever"..

UG... Thanks for sending me a copy of the file I sent you... Now we all can be on the same page if anyone has questions...

BTW... I think I may have enough EPDM rubber to do another roof IF anyone is interested, and IF I don't build another house. Contact me at the email listed above...

Oh yeah.... One more thing...

I did locate the pic CD that shows how the individual sections bolt together to make a complete house. I still have to download those, but they'll be available shortly...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 07-15-2004).]

Dan

I trust you'll take care of the latest set of requests for your little beauty?

I'll be greedy and ask to see what other pics you have of it too.

Maybe we can hook up on the ice this winter...only 4 months if we're lucky.

UG

MAIL CALL!! MAIL CALL!! MAIL CALL!!

Pharcta2, Perchpapa & Gus... You've got mail.

UG... I'm putting your package together. Hold tight buddy!! It's comin' soon....

Deeky... It's been a while since the initial construction, but I'll guess I "invested" about $500.00 to $600.00, after everything was said and done. Don't hold me to those figures... It's been a while and my mind ain't as good as it used to be... confused.gif There's certainly things you can do to lessen the expense. Number of windows for example. I went a bit crazy....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 07-16-2004).]

Ahhhh..... I THINK YOU'RE ALL NUTS!!!

What are ya doin' thinking about ice now? It's in the upper 80's, ultra high dew points and humidity, skeeters that will carry off a small child..... Can it get any better?

PLEASE!! I'M MELTING!! BRING ON THE ICE!!!!

David... It's rather large (+1mb)... But it's on it's way!!

Mods... If it's okay, I could post a bunch of pics showing this little gem and how she goes together... Would save me a ton of emails.... What do ya think?

------------------