• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house antenna

Rainman

What do you guys use for an antenna? I cannot get any reception from the rabbit ears in my house! I assume that is because my sideing is all steel! Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Rainman

This was kind of a crude set-up but I got a small collapsable antenna for a motorhome and tnen fastened it to my roof rake handle (4 sections) and then put it up with 1 5/8 inch u clamps to the fish house, and a coxial cable. When we were done we pulled it down and stored it in the bunk, out of sight out of mind you know. It worked great.

Rainman,
I bought an 7' antenna on HSOList for 8 bucks, attached it to a 2" diameter wood pole, and attached it to the fishhouse. Works good, gets all the channels and I put a splitter in the cable and attached it to an old car stereo.Good reception.

Never put a TV in house but have given it thaught. What I did do just for reception on cell phone (it was terrible in a metal fishouse) is put a wire on one of the screws as an antenna. I figured that way the whole house is an antenna any way it worked.

------------------
GRIZ

That sounds like it would work pretty good with a UHF frequency. Any time you try to get a good signal inside a metal house you have got some problems. You may want to try find an old UHF antenna and attach it to a moveable pipe outside your house. That way you can turn it go get optimum reception on your TV. Sometimes just the way it leans on your metal fishouse helps or hinders your reception. For mine I have an external FM antenna with plug in cable for radio rececption and old mesh type UHF antenna for TV and can always find something on.