• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

guide for low dec.

fishinguy74

I,ve already started planning my ice fishing trips. I would like to hit low 1 or 2 weekend in dec. I have 7*14 house fourwheeler an will be bringing my fishing budy,s with ages 5/9. is ther any guides that will takes us out and put use on a good spot. We,ve fished wheelers point last year an did ok but i would like to get out before all the traffic starts. Any part of the lake is fine with us. think ice

I think you probably have the right idea. Lighthouse Gap/Pine Island area on the east side of the lake is typically pretty good early in the year. Adrian's Resort plows the road out there. If you've fished out of Wheeler's, this is probably the area you've fished. Just keep checking FM here come winter and you might find some hints on whether the fish are biting better further out or closer in and what depths have been producing better.

We've also had good luck out of Babbler's Rd @ Rocky Pt. early in the year. Last winter, the bite was red hot just past Gull Rock early in the year. The ice also wasn't very stable early on either. A big crack opened up and refroze and somebody dropped their rig through a little to the east of the area I'm talking about.