• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings coaches suck!!!!!

MUSKY18

That's right...it's a win on the road against a pretty decent team. Bad referees/calls, turnovers, missed field goals--hey we'll take em all. Sometimes that's what a team needs to get itself on track. UGLY win but it I'll take it anyday.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Win is a win-- ugly or not. We now face Dumptroit at the dome in a game that scares me. IF we pull that one out--were 3-3.

I agree-- scary win,,,, but were tied with the pack and one game back of the beatable bears. If AP gets on track with some decent play calling-- even with EJ out,, we can still win the DIV.

Botch N.O. field goal' date=' lets see what we can do.

We seem to fail when we get a major break in the last minutes of the game though crazy [/quote']

How many major breaks did the purple get the whole game???

Harvey Lee said it best in his post...N.O gave the win to the Vikes. They were baaad. He's not looking at the game thru purple goggles.

Proud of the players fighting for a win, the coaching staff didn't help! I mean come on punt to Bush 3 straight times, Way to go Childress, I can't wait till your [PoorWordUsage] is gone!

Sidenote: We are tied with the packers!!

They were playing for a field goal at the end of the first have, that was pathetic. Play to loose. Thought they had it in the second. Very lucky to win that, but they did pretty dang good on that last drive and thank god the wrong route was ran on that last TD.

Both teams played terrible...but we won.

Reminds me of the other Monday night game (agaisnt GB). Both played terrible, but that time the Pack won.

We are still playing with a 2nd string QB (at best) and 3rd string receivers. How creative can you get on offense with that??

At least the Viking beat a decent team. The Pack has yet to beat any good teams (Yes, that includes the Vikings). The Bears are on and off. They look like the team to beat in the Division.

I cant believe nobody mentioned the time out he called at the end of the first half when the refs gave us that reception, that was obviously not caught. instead of the quick up to the line to spike the ball to avert the replay, HE CALLS A TIME OUT, to give them the replay shot. He should be a travel league football coach. Peterson needs to paly all three downs, no wonder he cant get any yardage, they run when he in, mix it with him in there on 3rd down maybe get some big yardage runs on 3rd, Saints don't take out Bush on 3rd down to appease Duece Mcallister. Get your experiance in travel ball not the pros, bring back Denny or Tice

I actually thought the play calling was much better the second half aside from the mismanagement of AP, they at least got down field some and opened it up a little. Which reciever do you think ran the wrong route on Berrian's TD? NO play aside from a hail mary has two players run routes to the exact same place. Special teams was abissmal, but when you punt Bush right to the sideline, I don't know what more you can do other than just punt it straight OB which isn't necessarily going to work out so well most of the time either. You just have to tackle him when your punter pins him two yards from the sideline.

I honestly can't remember a game played worse by both teams.

Berrian admitted to running the wrong route. He was supposed to run a post-corner and he said that when he saw that the ball was thrown he just didn't break off his corner route. Can't blame him for that.

I will take the win! Get a little confidence and win a few games in a row. Nice to see they can pass the ball a little bit when the run game gets shut down.

Berrian admitted to running the "wrong" route. He said he saw the ball up in the air, and decided to go get it.

I'm amazed he caught the darn thing, after his drop on 3rd & 13 that hit him right in the darn hands. Good ol' Bobby Wade had a drop that hit him in the hands too.

If our receivers could just get over the dropsies, we'd be in a lot better shape. Although he's no Breeze or Manning, Gus can sling it around the field pretty well (and take a beating at the same time).

Instead of jumping all over Chillie, shouldnt we be firing the offensive coridator and finding a replacement that can make better play calls? If chillie is calling the plays, it really isnt his job to. Lets get someone in there that can desiegn and call the correct plays!

Quote:
If our receivers could just get over the dropsies, we'd be in a lot better shape. Although he's no Breeze or Manning, Gus can sling it around the field pretty well (and take a beating at the same time).

Also coming off of 4.W.E.'s post:

I think the Chillinator should duck tape a football to at least one of the hands on any one receiver who has boofed a well thrown pass from the previous Sunday during the following week. At least for one practice, if not the whole week. Well, at least get some images out and about in the media grin

They have to start catching the ball.

When Childress was with the Eagles, he wasn't allowed to call the plays. Andy Reid called the plays, probably because he could see that Childress didn't know what the heck he was doing. So what is different now, other than the fact that he is proving Reid was right all along.

Frasier is doing good with the defense. He picked up the blitzing and they put some heat on Brees. Hope they keep that up. Hope someone steps up to take EJ's spot.

Cilly may not be the best coach in the world, but I think he is doing the most he can with his receivers and QB....

From my understanding TJack was Chilly's project pick that he wanted. If he had any say in the overpaying of Shiancoe and Berrian then he is to blame for them as well.