• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Makin' Ice!

Uncle Grump

The weathermen were talking about a possible chance of snow in western Ontario this morning. Hmmm... Won't be long now!

[This message has been edited by hanson (edited 06-22-2004).]

Don't have a boat yet, so I can't wait to have access to the lakes again. Driving me nuts! And no, the public piers don't count, too many crazies out there. Nothing like a little ice and cold to calm things down.

"Ahhhright!' It's nice to know there are birds of a feather out there! I'll take the spring, when everything shakes off the long winter and starts comming to life. The first part of the summer, with it's balmy days and lush greenery, I'll take that to!
Fall fishing, the colors, grouse hunting, it's hard to beat, but then comes first ice and it's time to get serious about the fishing!

I own and operate a lawn service, so I only get out on quality fishing trips maybe 10-12 times during the summer, I don't count short hops down to the river, or anything like that.

In the winter between plowing snow and whining about the weather, I'll probably do 30 or more trips! Once the last leaves are collected, "Bring it on!"

FreeFlyGuy

Were there any lakes up there at 10,000 ft? 19 degrees sounds like it could be makin Ice, if so maybe ya could fly me up there w/my portable. When I'm done could just jump back down grin.gif OH don't forget to leave a chute shocked.gif

------------------
GRIZ

hey guys congrats.

I've built many houses and never started one b-4 sept. This year I will build about 4 to replace the ones I sold. Havn't started anything yet.

------------------
GRIZ

Can't wait for winter, either. It's what keeps me feeding my sled dogs in the summer. Thinking about them hauling my fat @ss across a frozen BWCA lake looking for lake trout.

------------------
Erik Torgerson

Winter is a great time to fish? Unlike the summer fishing, only the very harshest of winter weather can stop you from doing your thing.

In the summer, you can plan a trip and get rained out, the wind can whip the lake into a fury, Mesquitoes, biting flys, knats, a hatch of Mayflys, and kinds of different things can goof you up, and you can't get away from them! A well planned trip can head south in a hurry!

Sure, in the winter, a blizzard can shut you down, but how many blizzards do we usually have? Not many!

You can get away from most everything else and be comfortable doing it...just get into the fishouse! Twenty below weather? No problem, just crank the heat up a bit! The wind does'nt seem to blow for days on end in the winter, the way it does in the summer and it seems like the weathermen have an easier time being accurate with their forecasts.

At any rate, it is enjoyable year round, some say "To-mate-o" some say "Ta-maut-o" !

Redlantern

Have never been dogsledding b4 but would like to. Do you ever take people with or have room on sled. If you'd be interested in takin someone with chasin fish e-mail me psegriz at hotmail dot com

------------------
GRIZ