• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for an ice-fishing outfitter....

Smitty20

Newbie here (you are fore-warned smile.gif

I've heard of some places that offer Ice fishing shanties and all equipment for a daily fee..

Someone told me like $50 a man, a night?

Can anyone recommend any outfitters that offer such packages?!

I live in Apple Valley, and although distance is second to quality of fishing, the closer the better..

I welcome any and all advice!

Thanks!

I will take you to red lake this winter for slabs, if you provide me a ride up there, we can split gas, food, propane, 50/50, I will supply rods, houses(8 x 20 sleeper, two fishtraps), I will take you up there, that being the only cost, if that sounds fair to you.
Best Fishes
chris

Thanks for the quick reply and the offer...

however, I'm looking for something for 4,6, possibly 8 guys...

got a few buddies who are interested in a getaway for the fellas...

Smitty20,

Good option would be any of the resorts on Mille Lacs. Some of the resorts have 6-8 man sleeper houses. I believe you would still have to bring rods, bait, beer, food, etc.

Huskie,
How often do you make it up to Red in the winter? I'm putting an 8'x14' sleeper out this winter. Going to try and make it up there every other weekend. Might be looking for someone to carpool with up there on occassion from the cities. If fuel costs keep rising, its going to be a nightmare running up there and back pulling snowmobiles. Sure would be nice to split that cost with some people heading the same way.

huskies is right in the last two years I've not caught one under 1lb. 3oz. according to my digital scale. Yes I've weighed them all. psegriz at hotmail dot com

------------------
GRIZ