• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
HighLife100

Steel Runners

I am building a new fish house and want to use steel runners instead of wood due to the wood runners freezing in last winter. Any ideas where I can get some steel runners???

Don't know where you live but L & M Steel in Brainerd makes them. I bought a pair a few years back, cost around 22 dollars.
Paul S.

Thanks for the reply Paul S,

I'm in the metro but hopefully one of the steel shops in the area can help me out. What dimensions did you get and and how did you attach them to the house? I've only built wood houses and have never really done any welding so I'm wondering how I should build the floor.

Thanks for any info

How big are you building? I am in the process of building a 10 X 20, maybe i could give you some suggestions. Mine is a sleeper house on MilleLacs with steel skids. Drop me an e-mail, we can talk houses

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Interesting. I have used it in the past and have better results with nutty butter. SOn in law shot doezilla last week and the fat was unbelievable on her. I saved a few nice chunks and will put it out to see what happens. 
    • yep. first cut them off with the meat saw. Then cut again with hack saw. Then a little bit of filing. Takes a while but no mess.well, not much anyway. lol 
    • Wow, I didn't think single stage versus 2 stage snow throwers would become a Ford vs Chevy conversation.  My take is that for the average home owner with a flat, concrete/asphalt, standard three stall garage wide driveway, the single stage should suffice.  I will continue using my 2 stage at the cabin on the driveway and gravel parking/walkways.   Leech has me concerned on the Honda single stage, so now I just need to determine which to buy.
    • I wasn't planning on going due to the project list getting longer but I took my 7 year old out to sit last weekend. We got home and he was telling his mom all about it and how cool it was seeing deer walk by and how he wished there was more time in the season. That was when the wife asked why I wasn't going to go during muzzleloader and that I should go so I can take him out again. I felt like I had to be a good husband and just agree with her. Sometimes it's about compromising with your wife just to keep the peace in the house. 
    • I would bet that there will be people out on smaller lakes in the Detroit Lakes area this weekend. 
    • If time allows I will get out for a couple walks in the woods with the muzzy.  I didn't get anything with the gun and have yet to buy a bow license cuz time was spent chasing fall walleyes opposed to deer.  Good Luck to those that get out!!
    • Looks nice. You must have to be real careful with the saw to get clean even cuts and the bases.
    • Very cool, love the woodpeckers.  I save fat from my deer to feed them all winter. They seem to prefer that to the store bought suet cakes.