• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best underwater camera?

adamr

For just sitting a wheel house, I would try and see if you can track down one of the old VS560's from MarCum. They are no longer available but you might be able to find one used somewhere. It rotates 360 degrees and is perfect for permanent houses.

Or else I would look into purchasing the Aqua Vu Mod Pod, which is a motorized tri-pod that allows you to rotate the camera 360 degrees. Not having to spin your camera by hand is huge, and will take away a lot of the frustration...

I have had the chance to try an MarCum 820 and its quite nice, I will be saving up some moolah to buy one soon.

I have always had a Aqua Vu Scout XL and have been very pleased with it, while in a fish house its great. IF using it outside, it can be tough if its bright out. I think this is where the 820 may have a bit of a nod. Both units are very good!

I agree with D.D. I also have a an Aqua Vu XL, that I actually obtained from Matt Johnson. I have yet to have a complaint. Has worked great for me, inside and outside the shack, sturgeon scouting, running and gunning. Yeah, the outside viewing was difficult at times, but there are ways around it. Good Luck