• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

legal ?

psegriz

I know it is not legal to spear and angle at the same time. What I was wondering is if I was spearing would someone in my house be allowed to have some tipups outside. My thinking is since neither one of us is doing both it would be legal, I would spear and he would angle. A couple years back I quized 2 CO's and got two different answers. Would like to know if anyone could give info.

GRIZ

Good question,
But the DNR may see it as using 1 line to use live bait for spearing is this not illegal? I don't spear because you can't C&R if needed..

You are correct. In Minnesota it is NOT legal to have tip ups set up outside, and to be spearing inside the house at the same time, even if one of you ISN'T spearing.
(it's all clearly stated in the regs!)

Just last week I was ice fishing. Then my gal woke me up and told me to quit complaining about the hole freezing shut.

Seriously, this was my first winter that I did any ice fishing. It was a blast! Wish I could keep one lake frozen all year long just for that. Latest I was out was about two weeks before the ice started becoming slushy. Life got busy after that.