• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1984 Honda 200 ATC recoil problems?

Bobb-o

So I am trying to get an old three wheeler working before this ice season. The problem i am having is that the recoil is very hard to pull on the first pull, and then on the second pull it grabs and wont let go until tension is released. is this a reocil problem? or is this something worse than that?

Does the recoil have a cable coming out of the side of it?

If it does, (it should) it has a compression release that may be not working. When you first pull the rope it has to engage the cable and pull it to release compression so it pulls over easier. I have run into these that are either gunked up with dirt and crud or just plain broken and it causes them to jam up. Either way it will have to come off to be repaired. You can remove the mechanism and go without the compression release but it is a bit harder to pull.

Thats my best guess without looking at it...