• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

slippery floor in my Clam

picksbigwagon

Bought a new clam 6800 this winter and was disappointed in the flooring. any kind of moisture on the floor resulted in a very slippery surface. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I was thinking about getting a quart of truck bed liner paint (rhino liner?) and painting it with that. Would I need to sand the plastic firt so it would accept the rubberized paint?

Picks,
I also had problems in my portable, I went to the hardware store and bought adhesive backed skid strips, the kind you see on stair treads. They have a very heavy material that looks like sandpaper, you have to do it in the summer when the plastic is dry and warm, but just clean the area before you adhere and stick them down. It's worked wonders for me.

Ole

I sprayed a can of spray in bed liner in mine but it was a different surface than the clam. I would think it would work on the clam as well. Adam

An old piece of rubberbacked carpet cut to fit the open spaces works, but I don't recommend using the same piece for more than one season.

I like the adhesive non skid strip idea. I'm gonna do that.