• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

moving a fish house

DCON

I'm in the process of building a permanent fish house, to be placed on lake MilleLacs. The problem is this: I assumed that it wouldn't be a problem to haul it, so I built the floor and walls already, and now need to find a trailer or moving company to move it from Maple Grove to MilleLacs. It is a 10 x 20, the floor is in one piece and the walls are done and stacked on floor. done and ready to be hauled, If anyone knows or has any ideas on moving it i would greatly appreciate any input.

DCON: A 10 footer is to wide to haul down the highway legally with wheels. We bought one last year 10x16 that was on the West side of the lake and had it moved to Macs Twin Bay on the East side. A friend of my sons owns an excavation company and also hauls large equipment. I'm sure he could handle this for you. The company name is RG Excavating out of Foley Minnesota. the owners name is Rod Gapinski. His number is 320 250 1006. He is busier than H this time of year, but you may not care about moving it until the fall anyway. Give him a call and tell him I told you to do so. Hope this helps. ONce its at the lake then you can have the resort people move it for you it needed. Bill Turck

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Max legal width for a trailer is 102".

Nothing can legally extend beyond that width unless you have special permits for moving a wide load.

You will generally see fish houses on wheels ending at 8' in width (the wheels are inside the frame).

Its going to be a permanent house, not on wheels, it will be on steel skids. I know about not being able to legally haul over 8 1/2' on the roads, I'v got a permit to haul it, but just need a trailer to accomodate it. Any other suggestions?

Not meaningto break the laws but I know about how the laws are about as far as width goes but one CO who pulled me over told me I was ok as long as my house had a valid shelter lic. on it. I've heard from others it's not legal, if not then why would they alow people to put their wheels on the side of their HSOList.

GRIZ

DCON,i had a 20x20 i had to cut the floor in half to haul it you might have to do the same
of course i took mine to lake of the woods that way and put it togeter there and left it up there till there was nothing left of it
about 7 years of draging it a round took it's toll on it.....

DCON, if the walls and floor are still seperate, borrow or rent a 16-20 foot car-light equipment trailer. stand the walls and floor upright and secure them from the top of the load to each side, and you will not only be legal, but you can probably do this yourself, with a couple strong backs.
you should have been here this past week to help with the 3 projects i just completed. after that, your project seems like a walk in the park! smile.gif
if i were closer i would come help you out.

------------------
an "all chapters, charter member" jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???