• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why no Love for Delmon Young?

Coach1310

Zamboni, you and I must be watching a different player all together. People come on, like said it looks like hes 40, not 23.

Yes he has potential, but it is a ways off, so long as he controls his weight. He has a few things to correct first.

Learn to take some pitches, first pitch swinging will not get you anywhere. Yes if the pitch is there great, but don't go up there swinging away at the first pitch no matter where it is. Pick a zone and stay with it.

2nd. Get a clue in the outfield. He NEEDS a lot of work out there. With the game on the line, I would not what to see a fly ball out to left. Makes me what to slam my drink of choice.

G.C.

I was talking about Manny Ramirez, you and I totally agree with Delmon Young.

Manny has a 990 fielding percentage?? Does that include his AL stats? They start over when a player switches leagues, thats why when someone has 30 HRs, then goes to the other league they start over. He had a pop fly he rolled around on earlier this year. And by the way, I don't think I have ever missed a pop fly, Little League, High School or in softball. Delmons outfielding woes have NOTHING to do with playing in the Dome, its not that he doesn't see the ball, he doesn't get to them, and YES he had a TON of fly balls bounce at his feet- especially in the bullpen area. You get paid millions you should be able to catch fly balls. They say he is fast, I have yet to see it.

Just because they list their weight as such doesn't mean that's their true weight. He did get kind of cuhbby. He's a solid player though. He's no superstar, but he does a good enough job. The Twins can only afford a couple of superstars at a time.

There both not that good out there, Zamboni. Sorry, yes I was speaking of Young Mr. Young. Time will tell on this guy. There was a reason he was traded to us in the first place. If was a betting man, I would say 1 year more or he may be trade bait this winter.

G.C.

well, Manny actually did better fielder for the Sox

G GS INN TC [PoorWordUsage] A E DP FPCT

sox 66 66 537 106 99 6 1 2 .991

dodgers 53 53 436 94 91 1 2 0 .979

may seem like he did bad out there, but stats don't lie and had a good fielding percentage

But, i'm sticking with my liking of Young, and i'm not going to change your mind. But if your willing to give him up, then makes your saying giving up Garza, Barlett, Young, Eduardo Morlan, for Casey Blake or Beltre? wow, love for you to be a GM, probably related to MILLAn, if making stupdi moves like that

Jigger I agree with you that Young wis a decent outfielder. He does scare me though with the late breaks he gets.

As far as Manny goes his fielding percentage looks good because he gives very little effort to get to alot of balls. It doesn't get scored an error if it drops in, even if it was a fly that could have been caught with a little effort.

Manny is Manny and what you get is what you see A SHOW OFF. He thinks his stuff don't stink. I lost all respect for the guy, when he caught that ball and gave a fan a high five after he caught it. Yes it was a good catch and he did double off the runner. However showoffs are just that showoffs and are NOT team players. He plays for himself. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. I am great with all my hair flowing so nicely.

Last I checked there is no I in team.

Sorry, just don't like the guy the way he is now. Clean up your hair and start playing like a team player, then you might be someone.

G.C.

There is a "ME" for him, and you must have watched lately, but he is playing team game with the dodgers, and he has cut his hair. and look how there are, up 2-0 with the cubs. he must be good if he's the leader for homeruns in post season history, i believe he's the one who got the Sox and Dodgers to the play-offs and world series.

I personally think our best option is one of these 2 ways:

RF- Cuddyer

CF- Gomez

LF-Span

DH- Young.

Hate to move Span, but I think he is more than capable anywhere out there, and Cuddyer is a weapon in RF with that arm, we have all seen that.

Platoon Kubel and Young out to the OF to spell the 3 starters.

And the other option is to sign an OF'er, then figure out where to put everyone.

I don't honestly want to give up on Young, esp given his age, but his defense in the OF is horrible.

IF you get rid of anyone, Kubel has to be the consensus. Not a great defensive player, major knee reconstruction, left handed, probably shown you what he really is.

You DON'T get rid of Gomez, Young or Span because they have shown some amazing potential and they are really young.

Span can play anywhere in the outfield and play it well above average.

I think you keep Cuddy, Gomez, Span and Young. Use Young as your primary DH and rotate him with Cuddy and the others to get them a day off in the field.

delmon was originally a right fielder. if anything if it changes it should be:

LF-Span

CF-Gomez

RF-Young-covers the same ground as cuddy but makes cuddys cannon arm look like shannon stewart's arm

DH-Cuddy (actually cuddy should be at third or moved)