• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last day on the ice was today

steve schmidt

I fished Long Lake by Centuria today. Fish have been biting real good there, also On Big Round, but called it quits today. On Long, there might be a couple to three days left with planks to get on, but being a "fat guy" like me....today was the last day.

It was an excellent ice fishing season here in Wisconsin for me....now its time for the boat......till late November anyway.

Oh say it isn't so. There is a tear in the corner of my eye. I am sad that today to was my last day on the ice for the year. It ended pretty good for myself. Second to the last fish for me was a nice 5.5 lb 25 inch walleye. Good end to a great season.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

My last day was Saturday. We did OK fishing despite cold front conditionds and the wind blowing hard out of the NW. But had to make it out one last time.

Even with the plank I got wet getting off as the shoreline ice took a beating from the suna nd wind. But ended up with a meal of fresh crappies outof the trip so it was worth it.

My last day was yesterday. I fished Pike Bay (Cass) Saturday and a small Park Rapids lake yesterday. An 8 foot plank was fine yesterday to get on the ice, but I think you'd need a helicopter after today.

I'll miss the ice, but I'll try to console myself with turkey hunting, open water fishing, waterfowl hunting, and pheasant hunting until the ice comes around again.

Thanks to everyone for the contributing great information all winter.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy