• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabela's Rod bags

BassProAddict

HI.I'm thinking of purchasing the Cabela's rod bag.It says it can hold 8 combos in one bag but reviews say otherwise.

Is this really the only rod bag out there? What do you guys use to carry your combos in? I'm tired of all the click-clackin' in the car and I'm tired of tangles goin' from car to boat etc...

There is a product called stik jackets that slip over each rod. They would eliminate the click-clackin and the tangles, but they are for each rod individually. They are much better than cloth rod covers as they slip on and off easily, not catching on the guides. They work great in rod lockers too. They have a HSOforum, but i've seen them at Scheel's and Gander MT.

I too use rod slicks... they are individual rod sleeves. I have had one that holds a number of rods, and seem to not use it. Always seem to go back to the single rod slick. I even use them in the boat so that the rods do not get tangled. I have probably 25+ rods in my boat and not one is tangled.

Quote:
I have probably 25+ rods in my boat and not one is tangled.

Another benefit is not one bent eyelet for me since I started using the stik jackets as well. My muskies rods are up to 9' long and don't fit in the locker. These are great for those of us with limited rod locker storage.

I use the rod sleeves from BPS and they do fine - when I carry a bunch I have used velcro straps (also BPS) to hold them in a bundle and that worked pertty well too.

Only thing I will say about nylon rod sleeves is they are not terribly durable - rod tips have poked through the tops on some and some seems have given way.

Some guys in our bass club have used the bags from BPS like mentioned above and they really like them and they do tend to hold what they advertise.

I also invested in some rod slicks after just getting tired of the tangles this summer. Well worth the $10 or so they charge for the loss of all the headaches and wasted time on the water messing with rods in the locker.

I agree on the line issues with the reel covers (I also have BPS). Not a bit deal on the baitcasters, but more so for spinning reels.

At $150-200 a pop, the extra trouble is worth it to me to not have the the reels get all banged up.