• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

duck blind advice!!!!!!!

I have a homemade duck blind on my boat that is exactly like the one they sell at cabellas. I am looking for ideas on installing the grass so it can withstand freeway speeds. at this point, i just take it on and off at the landing, but that isnt very fun at 5am. any ideas would be appreciated......

I use avery fastgrass mats and the ones I had on lasted for 3 years and now need to replace because they are like ripping apart because they got so wet. I had chicken wire fencing on my blind frame and then put the fastgrass mats on the fencing and tied them with slip knots tie ons (not sure what the excat name it is) and works well. some pics

closerback.jpg

tieon.jpg

frontview.jpg

sideview.jpg

this is what I did after 5 yrs of fast grass and somewhere there is a 18ft jon boat in there. I used to use a boat cover but this summer it got ripped to shreads and gona try without one I also used a green snow fence I got from menards and its called E-Z fence and did the same thing Quack did with the zip ties and it seems work good.

100_1700.jpg

prolly seen this boat on here b4 but here is what I did/do. I add grass everytime I go but thats the key to matching the grass the cutter never leaves the boat, sometimes I even add tree branches

P9160369.jpg

P9160378.jpg