• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Fakes

This might be kind of fun and little change of pace.

Most if not all of you use some sort of photo editing software that allows you to “manipulate” the image.

How about trying to come up some really good off the wall manipulations.

Like a two headed fish, or a monster buck, or a dragonfly carrying off a cruise ship, or something like that.

I would like to see what some people can come up with.

Here's a photoshop composite I did of a glass blower and his work.

The background came from setting his colorful work in a circle and then selecting a slow shutter speed and spinning the camera in my hands to give it the concentric blur. Then I shot him against a while sky and lifted his head/neck/hat and put it into the BG. Using cloning, I made it look a bit like he's wearing a tie-dyed Tshirt, but that's another piece of his work.

Perhaps not quite what dtro had in mind. I'm working on photoshopping a moose into a very pretty background using the same PS method used to pull this guy's head into the background image, but that's not done yet. I think it's more the kind of "fake" Darrin means, in which you can't tell that the moose wasn't part of the environment.

I'm not a good enough photoshop whiz to do some of the examples Darrin mentioned.

2904899619_d3baec9b40_o.jpg

Well I have a couple goof off ones that were thrown together pretty quick and dirty when they were originally done. I personally think the first one was pretty funny. wink The 2nd picture was thrown together VERY quickly by a friend of mine, but we just couldn't resist doing something w/ that picture cause the guy in the photo is actually a cop! We sent it to his department as well. wink

Venice%20Northern_640.jpg

AaronE_640.jpg

Neither are quite the quality I'd go after for a true intentional photo fake other than just a goof off thing to email to friends, but hey, its what I've got for now. I'll see what I can whip up this week.

Love that, Aaron and Darrin! Maybe when I photoshop that moose into the lush background I'll put a corncob pipe in its mouth and have Smokey Bear warning it about wildfires. gringrin

Actually, I should turn my wife loose on it. It's the graphic designers/artists who are the real Photoshop assassins. The program was designed for them, after all. smilesmile

I'm thinkin he better turn that Marlin 336 the other direction, eh? Clone out the shadow cast by the cat against the tree (no shadow would be there in this flat light) and it's a dandy.

Great thread, man. All work and no play makes Jack and Jill a very dull boy and girl! gringrin

I don't typically spend time doing this kind of thing, but had a friend that owns a dollar store that requested some custom souvenir bookmarks. I had taken the shot of the falls a few years ago and printed refrigerator magnets for her. This time she thought it would be cool to have an eagle in the picture, for the bookmarks. So, I took a photo of the eagle I had shot at Redwing and superimposed it over the falls. A photographer could easily tell it's a fake, but the general consumer has no idea. She has sold well over 100 of these.

2907407768_e06797d4c6_o.jpg

I don't typically spend time doing this kind of thing

If this "kind of thing" is looked down upon feel free to move it to the Entertainment forum.

I figured people who are familiar with the software might be able come up with some good ones.

Have a little fun with it wink

One of my favorites:

bush_vacation_fishing.jpg

Dtro, you misunderstand. I'm amazed what others can do with these software programs, but it's just not my cup of tea. I don't have the patience or the experience or knowledge. I actually look up to people that are good at this. Please, don't take this wrong and keep them coming. My apologies for wording it wrong.

Its not funny or a two headed fish but it was my first really good photo edit from way back in 2001. My best man Brandon wanted a picture of him and his girlfriend. Since there where none of them taken together at the wedding there where a couple of them taken individually or with others. I took two of the best pics and made the final.

I started with this one

Melbert1.jpg

and ended up with this.

Melbertfinal.jpg

Here is a quick one I just threw together at work. Took me about 15 mintues. Probably took me longer to find the pictures to use. I just pulled some off the web so the image quality is kind of poor.

DolphinCowboy.jpg

Its nice to see my graphic design degree come in handy once in awhile.