• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Believers 13" Help

Sorgy

Sceezerleo mentioned the Super Believer in a different post. So rather than Hijack the other post here we go confused

The big Super Believers came out a few years back. I have a 13 jointed SB(firetiger). I gave it a fair amount of water time a while back but it has since taken a backseat to other baits.

I mainly use it as a trolling bait. I have run it on both the shallow and deep settings- from 2.2 mph to 4.5- durring summer and fall.

I fish Vermilion.

What have been the most successful presentations you have had using the bait? It is huge and puts out a lot of commotion. I have not used it a topwater yet- Topwater bite on Vermilion has been terrible for me this year cry

I am looking to give her some more water time if I can find out a pattern that others seem to have success with.

I understand in late fall that some guy's do not prefer the jointed Believers (10")

Thanks for the help

Steve

My technique revolves around hooking the front hook around my leader/snap. Then when retrieving the believer, it does barrell rolls jumping in and out of the water. I've had more fish attack the thing like that then doing straight surface retrieves.

But i've definitely moved some fish using it like a hawgwobbler, just none hooked, yet.

Thanks for the reply's.

When casting in a wind the barrel role retrieve is achievable on every other cast sick I just do not have the patience it takes to become confident in using it as a casting lure confused

I often fish alone and it becomes a tough time to narrow down the mornings selection to 3 or 4 baits and then try the Big Believer--- You will never believe my first 3 choices

1)dbl 10 2) big Pacemaker 3) Rad Dog spinner bait 4) Twitch minnow bait.

If there are 2 or more in the boat I will try to mix things up more.

Good Luck

Steve

Hey sorgy, I usually only use the 9 inch super believer. I do own a couple 13 inchers but reserve them for special ocasssions such as monster pike on millacs. Well i am a die hard believer fan so i dont know where to start here but yes the believer makes a great top water bait whether trolled or casted. In the summer i will only use the shallow setting ecspecally right after Mn muskie opeaner. Open water fishing has produced tons of muskies for me this year in depths up to 40 feet with my believer trolled only two feet below the surface. The most important thing to me is color for muskies, I know most guys dont get to hung up on color for big game aggressors such as muskies but with the pressure of metro or any muskie lakes for that matter color is very important. The beliver doesent come in many good colors so u have to be picky. I really only use one color but i wont say which one sorry. All i know is i wish they made solid black or better solid color super believers. in my opinion to many people get hung up on fire tiger, Chartuse, and other configurations of this manner. sure they are proven colors but they are way to over used. But yeah for suspended summer muskies the believer in a natural color is killer. in the fall i will switch between settings depending on depths. I like to fish mid depths with weeds to start out with on the shallow settings and if the sun comes out and it warms up ill hit the depths on the deep setting. Thats also a good time to pound the inside weedline by casting. I have to say i get way more follow ups with fish that wont hit a casted beleaver then i do catch. thats why i usually troll. split minnows of natural colors are hard to beat period because of the realistic mimic of baitfish. now i dont hardly ever use the straght believers but have caught pike on them when i did, the jointed believers without the tail on em work well to. And for the 13 inch super B, what a treat. With the right color and circumstance this is a deadly setup here. Simply errasistable to big big pike and trophy muskies. I am a beliver in the beleiver but i use other split minnows just as often because lifes to short to use one lure, although im confident id do just as well putin the 9 inch super beliver on and never takin it off again.

Maybe I need to clarify. The 13" Believer that I am talking about does not have the rubber tail. Could I have the Monster Believer? That is the one I am asking about.

I think I may have the knock the mothballs off the bait and get it in the water again this weekend. I am thinking Trolling Slow over some shallow structure.

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks

Steve

Do any of you add a small bass casting weight to the front split ring of your believers?

I was at a seminar and the speaker recommended that for when you use jointed 10" believers for topwater. I believe it mellows the side to side action.

Huey