• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
hanson

Favorite tasting fish?

1. crappie (through the ice or early open water
1. Walleye (cold water only)
1. Smelt (nobody has mentioned this- GOOD EATING!)
2. Everything else.

#1 walleye without a doubt.
2)perch
3)sunnies

bottom of the list is ant kind of trout, not a fan of the slimers!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• This is a hand-built Ice Fishing Rod Rack that can make the ideal Christmas gift for anybody who loves ice fishing or has some special ice fishing rods they want to display or protect. This rack is one-of-a-kind and will not be reproduced. It is a Free-Standing rack which is intended for use at home or in a permanent fish house. It holds 8 ice rods, is built of solid oak and finished in "Prairie Wheat" stain and finished with glossy polyurethane. The front of the rod support pieces are embellished with scrolling for added appeal.   The rack measures 24" wide, 3.5" deep and 18" tall. It is immediately available for pick up in Grand Rapids or I can ship to you for actual shipping cost.   Only one of these is available. If you need something for your wheel house or want a different style rack, contact me and we can build one custom for your needs.   Thanks and Merry Christmas!
    • For a good St. Croix rod, I'd look at the Avid series.  It's designed for bigger pannies and walleye.  The Mojo ice rod is also nice.  I've got a 28" medium one that works well on all walleye applications.  If you want a really good Croix rod, look at the CCI lineup.  I've got the 28" Perch/Eye spoon model.  For sensitivity, I don't think I have a more sensitive one.  Feels every nick and solid backbone to drive hooks home.  I pair most of my rods with either Jason Mitchell ones or the ICX-5 reel from Piscifun that came out last season.  Both are great quality reels.
    • ML or M Fenwick elite ice rod with any Pflueger should be dandy. If you are looking at other rod brands. 
    • I love my St. Croix Rod during the summer. A few years back I bought a St. Croix ice fishing rod/real combo for around $40.  The rod was OK, until the tip snapped off. The reel on the other hand was a total piece of junk. The drag was the worst part - clunky - would catch every half-turn. When the rod tip broke I didn't even keep the reel as a back-up, threw the whole thing in the trash.   That was my experience then. Maybe they've improved - also realize $40 doesn't buy you top of the line stuff, but was surprised to see St. Croix put their brand on such junk.      
    • BF Goodrich KO2's.   I have been running the KO's for years now and won't switch until something better comes along.  I drove the last three pickups I ordered straight from the dealership to the tire shop.  Had the stock tires removed and KO's put on.  This is the first vehicle with the KO2's and I really like them so far.  Have about 30K on them with no issues.  They are great in winter, excellent traction on the boat ramps and almost no squat when towing.  I went to these tires because the stock tires on a past truck pulled terrible.  They are E1 load rated, but still drive nice down the road when not towing.
    • Did not thought of that. This would work for family trips. How much would that cost you? I only have one carrier https://www.jeepsareus.com/sku/tckay883.html (wishing there would be a double deck for my kayaks. I am thinking of towing it if I would do this but my only problem is if it would not fall while I'm on the way. 
    • I have one, it's more than a few years old. The reel is pretty junky overall and the chrome paint flaked off the handle after a year.   I like Abu Garcia Cardinals.  I dont remember the size, but it's the smallest one they make.
    • We do that every February 14 but for Christmas we mix some alcohol that we will store for a year and drink that the next Christmas. 
    • Yeah I may have worded that wrong, should have said pairing I guess   Right now I'm looking at a Pflueger President size 20 reel but can not decide on a St Croix Mojo Ice 28" medium lite or St Croix Avid Ice 30" medium lite
    • Well, then I am definitely impressed with their work.