• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1996 chev truck 5.0 liter

1351 has to due with high voltage spikes (spark). I seem to remember something about it being related to erratic spark, or timing off? There is a whole list of things to check but what it boils down to is one of the main ignition components (Pickup coil, Module, wiring from the computer to the module, or the computer).

4, do you think a worn out distributor might be causing this?

1351 can be caused by timing being off, a bad ignition control module, primary side of the coil, vcm, wiring, most likely cause is a bad ic. I could see how a bad dist could give feedback and could cause it. Also check for low fuel pressure, extended crank can cause this code.

Also check for low fuel pressure, extended crank can cause this code.

I didn't realize an extended crank could cause that!

I would definitely check the regulator for leaks or get a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what happens then!

That should be a CPI setup. There should be a big bulk connector on top of the plastic intake plenum with two steel lines on the driver side of the connector. Those steel lines are the fuel lines. If you follow the bigger one back you will see a black cap. Thats the test port for fuel pressure.

The regulator is located underneath the intake plenum. If you skillfully use an inspection mirror you can sometimes see the regulator leaking onto the lower intake manifold. you will need to look through the throttle body It is muchg easier to figure out with a fuel gauge.

The CPI and SPI systems use an injector(s) and a poppet valve. The poppet valves require a minimum of 56 psi to open. If its 55 psi they will not work, I am not exagerating. 1 psi can be the difference between enjoying the weekend and having the weekend shot.

This is the poppet, this part is the piece that clips into the lower intake and sprays the fuel onto the intake valve.

471937.jpg

This is the whole assembly. The injector one one end and the poppet on the other.

262357.jpg