• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4 man sled portables

luv2fish

Does anyone out there currently own one of these? If so, how do you like fishing out of them? I currently have a 3 year old Otter Lodge with the bench seat. It was perfect for going out with the fellas, or taking my wife and young son out. But now my young son is getting bigger and my other son is old enough to go out for day trips. So I like the idea of the new style.... Weight is not an issue either. All of my buddies have houses (mostly clams) so early season when we fish and I cannot bring out my 4-wheeler we usually pull their houses out by hand.

A pipedream of mine is to find someone that bought the 4 man style, but discoverd that he/she doesn't really need that big of a portable and wants to downsize a little.... Trading would be a cool option.

As far as fishing out of them they work great. Just like 2 back to back flip overs of course.. Only issue is heating them. Best way we found was 2 heaters. 1 on each side.

If weight isnt a issue and you want to fish with 3 -6 people regularly than the resorts or double flip villages are the way to go.

that new back to back clam looks really nice dont know how I would like pulling it by hand early season tho. if you need room for four guy try them new zip together units made by the guys in blue good concept and if you dont need all the room just bring the one side and not both

I have a Polarsport doublewide and I like it. It was tough to keep warm before I lined the ceiling with reflectix but after that The highest I have to turn my big buddy to is medium. I normally only fish with one other person and it is nice to have a side to ourselves to spread out. I made a shelf on the one end of the sled to put the heater on and it is nice to be able to put the buddy heater right against the canvas. It is possible to fish 4 and I have a few times but it is nice to have the extra room with just 2. You won't be dissapointed with regular one but I would definately look into one that has the insulated canvas.

I have fished out of the X4 all last year and it is very nice. By far the most comfortable portable I have fished multiple guys out of. They are HEAVY, not a one man operation to lift into a truck bed though. But if you have a trailer it is the way to go. Get the ATV hitch and you are good to go.

I have the 4 man from Canvas Craft, and insulated. I will never go with out insulation again! Now after going to the port mod thingy, I need to figure out how to "Pimp" this thing out, 4 chairs usually sit in the bottom and every thing else goes in on top, Thats going to be a problem. Oh well I have 71 days until LOW.

Like you, I have the same family situation. We need more room! The night before the Portable Get Together at Thorne Bros, I picked up and assembled a Canvas Craft Double Flip and, to tell the truth, I'm excited for hard water this year. I went with the Magnum Double Flip, which is like putting two Lodges back-to-back.

I found this sized NorPac insulated model to be light enough that my 12-year old and I can load it into my pickup easily.

I thought about and studied this exact scenario last year and I went with the Canvas Craft Double Flip for this year.

Here's some info that helped me make my decision.

Canvas Craft - An Inside Look

You guys have me convinced on the Canvas Craft insulated. That is some cash though.... I suppose finding a used one is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I just have to get with selling my Lodge, that should cover a portion of it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I might have found that needle this morning. I had placed a trade ad on s different site (not sure if I can mention it here). Today I had a hit. Someone that has a cavas craft 6x12 that wants to downsize. I am in the process now of figuring out what shape is it in and what he ahs for seats.

What do most of you guys do for seats? Did you buy the back to back ones, or make something yourself?