• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano TE-DC 250

sbro73

you just bought the nicest piece of equipment on the planet, IMHO. once you get the side dial adjustments down you'll know it has no equal. i've had mine now for .. three years now? mabe 4 i can't remember. anyway the first year they came out with the 250. i suggest you use the reel for the more ''medium'' sized lures. it's got TE gears true, but why wear them out. besides once you get beyond medium size that reel really won't get a lure out any better than another reel anyway. ''BUT'' for a medium lure going into the wind it's perfect. and with the wind? lol, i'll just let you see it. rod... because of the reels smaller size i stuck with my 7'2'' IM8 MH muskie, guide series from gander. for asthetic purposes. just looked best on it and i like that size because it fits my boat when i dip my rod down to reel. keeps it at water level without bending over or back. anyway, MH at least 7' is my suggestion. bring it in and match it up? nice reel. congrats.

on a side note. your going to love that ''pinion'' spool and the smooth effortless retrieves. easy on the wrists.

30 lb. original spiderwire works best. best distance and seems to come off the spool smoother when the spool brakes itself. good luck. kind of cool when you can be 100 feet away from where you want to cast a smallish lure and cast another 100+ feet past it so you don't spook any fish. put a medium krocadile spoon on there once, lol. grin

I didn't know they still make original Spiderwire,anymore. I'll have to see if I can locate some. Congrats on HC Tackle as a new sponser, your work looks outstanding!!! Thanks Again

Quote:
didn't know they still make original Spiderwire,anymore. I'll have to see if I can locate some. Congrats on HC Tackle as a new sponser, your work looks outstanding!!! Thanks Again

blush thanks.

fleet farm is where i got my spiderwire this year. have fun with that reel.

Can't say anything bad about the Original Spiderwire, but for any lighter set-ups I wouldn't shy away from Stealth either. I was really impressed with how quiet and smooth it was. It even held up to a fish or two.

Good luck with the new reel.

-erik