• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swim Baits

ssaamm

Anybody use any the new hollow body swim baits with any success this time of the year? I bought a pack of Mann's hard nose or bull nose 5 1/2 shad type baits. Only had a 1/2 hour or so and had a nice strike and landed a nice northern. Do you folks pound the shallows with these, hit the weedline, or any other tips? Thanks for the info. Plenty of time to fish yet.

I am starting to see some results again like this past spring. I think points and flats with remaining weeds, coontail, cabbage will be the ticket. Nice steady retrieve with a weighted hook. Should produce some pigs, similar to what one would do with a spinnerbait at this time of the year. I would expect bigger fish with the bigger swimbaits, 6-7 inch, but also have seen 15 inch fish take on a large SB