• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who do you want for the next Vikings coach?

koonie

Well, Pier- the way this seasons going, I can almost bet they will have a pretty decent draft pick. Top 5 maybe. You know the Lions will be ahead of us, and they will pick another WR, so we could get a decent QB in the draft

When they finish the season at 4 and 12 you will probably see a new head coach. Don't know who it will be but Ziggy won't stand for that record after the money he recently put out. They might manage 5 and 11 if one of the teams they should lose to has a really off day.

Mr. Noodle will be gone if we are worse than 10-6, which I am hoping just for the sole reason of getting this goof outta here. He might be a "ok" assistant somewhere or in the college ranks, but Zygi really dropped the ball by only interviewing one coach for the job. Its a shame-we have so many pieces in place, except the two most important in the organization- QB and Head Coach....

Jimmy Johnson will never coach again, he is 65 years old and is happy being in the studio, and will be there until he retires completely.

And I doubt Cowher will either. He has his ring, has nothing to prove and I am quite sure he doesn't miss the stress of coaching and feels better off in the studio. Cowher made a few mistakes in his career, the biggest was sticking with Kordell Stewart for several years as his starting QB.

I know Marty is 65 as well, but was recently wrongly fired and has never gotten a ring, he does have something to prove, and will end up somewhere, I hope it is here.

I was sorry to see honest Mike Tice go, he got a bum deal and no support from owner but got everything possible out of the players he had. I will not be sad when Childress gets the much-deserved boot.

That being said I sure would like to see Pete Carroll as the next Viking’s head coach “A Bud Grant trained coach is what we need”. Why did we let Mike Tomlin go?

Tices firing was a product of what is called the 3 and out program that is almost a standard in the NFL. 3 seasons, no playoff apperances, and you're out. Chilly is on his 3rd year as is Chiefs head coach, Herm Edwards. Expect both coaches gone at seasons end.

I thought the Vikes made the playoffs one year under Tice. Didn't they beat the Packers in Lambeau one year? Tice was fired because of poor public opinion of him and all the off-field trouble the Vikes got in to. Ziggi being a new owner, also wanted "his" guy to be running the team. I liked Tice--it's too bad Red never gave him the support most NFL coaches get. I believe that the current coaching staff has twice the # of assistants that Tice had to work with. Funny...their record and performance on the field sure would indicate the exact opposite. Cowher, Schottenheimer, anyone would be better than what we have now. Predictable, boring, and underachieving almost to the extent of unwatchable.

If I remember right, they had two seasons, that if they were to win the last game they would have made the playoffs- both times it was against the horrible (at the time) Cardinals and they lost both times, including one at the Dome.

I just went on Wikipedia, and maybe it only happened once against the Cardinals.????