• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which direct vent heater to buy?

Fish On! Guide Service

I'm in the market for a direct vent heater, but the price varies considerably on these. What I've found:

Empire 14k approx $460

Housewarmer 18k $430

US Stove 18k $350

Are any one of these better then the other, or do they all basicall utilize the same components and put their name on the product? I guess for price point, the obvious US Stove direct vent would be ideal. Anyone have experience with these brands and a recommendation?

Thanks

Empire, Empire, Empire!!!!!! The furnace is one of the most important items in your fish house, don't be cheap on this item, you will get what you pay for. We have had Empires in all our fish houses over the years and always will. Very Dependable and safe!

We have finaly phasd out all the Willams with Empires in the rental units. The empire is a great unit!They take the abuse of a skid house moved every few days all winter long. Not to mention they are very efficeint compaired to the others.